It is currently 19.10.2017 05:09

All times are UTC

Post subject: etoken and Open VPN to connect to corporate network
PostPosted: 14.12.2009 18:16 
DES
DES

I am quite new to Linux. I need to do something that I would consider fairly simple but for some reason I am finding it impossible to achieve. There's plenty of 'advice' but some of it is out of date, incomplete, misleading, confusing etc. I have an Aladdin etoken. I am running Linux CentOS (actually in a Virtual Machine on a MacBook Pro). I have installed the PKI Client software version 5.0. The client software can see the token, get the properties etc and the red light is on. I normally use the Cisco VPN client which is generally GUI based but command line in Linux. I am however happy to use any VPN software whatsoever to get this to work and OpenVPN seems a popular choice. All I need to know is what steps to take in order to install, configure and connect to a corporate VPN using the etoken and suitable VPN software. Please could someone give me a step by step guide or point me in the direction of something already written as I am really struggling with this. Many thanks.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: etoken and Open VPN to connect to corporate network
PostPosted: 17.12.2009 10:41 
openvpn.eu Admin
openvpn.eu Admin

Hello

OpenVPN is not compatible to Cisco. Don't get confused by the names, Cisco's VPN is IPsec, Windows default VPN is either IPsec or PPTP while OpenVPN uses an own SSL-like protocol. So you can't use OpenVPN to connect to a Cisco concentrator.

Offline Profile